View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #184
greenjumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraloo View Post
Greenjumper, thank you for the encouragement. I'm in the healthcare field so I (should) know all this stuff, it's just hard when it's you! I did take measurements before I started, but it's so hard to get consistent measurements. Based on what I saw today, I lost a little on waist and hip measures, but I'm not convinced.

I guess I should have researched the video more thoroughly-- it would have made me feel better to know that the results are usually in inches lost, not weight lost.

I need to lose ~35 pounds total, so I guess I'm just being impatient with my progress.

No problem. I'm glad I could help!

I'm trying to go by how I look, how I feel, and how my clothes fit. I've had a real battle with the scale and I always want to see 3lbs lost in a week and that just doesn't happen and then I end up feeling like I let myself down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy View Post
Green jumper, what app are you using? Is it a C25K specific app? It sounds like it could be helpful.

You all are making me interested in other workout DVDs by the monster, err I mean Jillian

I was thinking to do a 60 day shred, with 20 days at each level but now hmmm.. Maybe I'll stick to the 60 plan then looked into ripped or another?!
I'm using this app. It's free and it's from the Breast Cancer Foundation. It's for iPads, iPods, and iPhones though. If you have a different type of device (like Androids) they have apps for those too, I just don't know about them.
App Store - C25K

The app is really helpful! I love that I can use it and play my music or my audio books at the same time. There's an 8 week program in this app but I think I'm going to do every week twice before I move onto the next week.

If any of you all want to try the C25K thing I can make a thread
greenjumper is offline   Reply With Quote