Hi again Keihs...

Sorry if I'm slow responding back to the board, but it's been a chaotic last 2 days for me.

The epsom salt spray I use is a fairly weak solution, and I don't find it to be drying at all, especially with how much conditioner goes on my head anytime I wash. I use 1 tsp epsom salt to 1 cup warm water. I have even tried adding in a single drop of lavender essential oil and that seems to work nice too. The lavender is surprisingly pretty strong. These were all recommendations I gleaned from a variety of other posts on the board. I find used in combination with a curl creme (Redken Ringlet 07 Curl Perfecting Lotion) that has a little hold to it, I get some good things happening. My original post to the board that documents my original discoveries is here:
2A - First "Curly" success...

I've also had some luck using the epsom spray and also the Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Curl Boosting Spray (available at Sally's Beauty)....I have been using this combination for my 2nd Day Hair lately.

I also found that Aloe Vera Gel can also be useful instead of the curling creams/sprays. You might want to try experimenting with that too. It does nicely on 2nd Day Hair.

Best of luck with your experiments....I know very well how hard it is to come out of 'straight'ness.

I'm still pretty new in my 'waviness' and playing with some new things, but I am so glad to see there are others who seem to have hair similar in nature (straight, but lightly wavy) to mine.
JR

Now Happily 2A/2B! (2A naturally / 2B if the stars & products align)

Low-poo: L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Conditioner: L'Oreal Evercreme Intense Nourishing Sulfate-Free Conditioner (light condition) or Generic Value Products Conditioning Balm (deep condition)

Leave-In: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity Defying Leave-In Creme

Styling: Epsom Salt/Water Spritz + Redken Ringlet 07 Curl Perfecting Lotion