Found this thread yesterday, bought the Knox gelatin, and did my first ever PT today.

I have short hair, so I used 1/2 packet, adding a glob (I know, technical term!) of Suave TC, a few drops of avocado oil, and a couple drops of honey. Massaged it in, and used the blow dryer for a while. It was strange, because my scalp felt really HOT where the dryer was blowing, though the air wasn't that hot. It kind of freaked me out, so I didn't dry it out completely. I thought I might be having an allergic reaction or some such (that wasn't the case).

Rinsed/cowashed with Suave TC, then did a short DT with Biolage Deep Condish. I didn't like the way my hair felt after that, so I reapplied the Suave, then used Aussie instant freeze and used the diffuser to dry.

My curls were sparse (didn't do a good job applying the AIF), but my hair is so soft! It hasn't been this soft in years. This evening I re-wet and applied Herbal Essence Curl Scrunching Gel, diffused a bit, and now I'm air-drying the rest. wow. Curls!!

Thanks so much for this easy-peasy recipe! I'm definitely going to be doing this weekly for a while.

Edited to add: Oh, one other thing, concerning using a ziplock bag and standing under a hot shower for a few minutes. Perhaps it isn't a big deal in your part of the world, but where I live, water is really precious. I really couldn't justify doing that even for the convenience.
But as I said, where you live that may not be a problem!

Dye free since 8/2/12
CG since 6/29/12
Type: 2c/3a, medium, thick
Cowash: Suave TC Conditioner
Poo: SM Coconut-Hibiscus Shampoo
Curl Enhancment: CJCCCC!!,
Gels: HETT, BRHG, EcoStyler
Mousse: Deva Frizz-free Volumizing Foam
PT: IA Girl's Gelatin PT

Experimenting with VO5 Kiwi-Lime for Condish styling, as well as looking for an affordable substitute for Deva FFVF.

Last edited by CurlyJulia; 07-17-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: concern with conserving water.