Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: 2c/3a
Texture: on the fine side of medium (about 60 microns)
Porosity: medium, high if I don't use conditioner for a day
Density: medium, 3.25"
Elasticity: normal and good
Characteristics: APL, layered, dark brown hair with silver. I frizz easily. My hair doesn't have much spring for the amount of curl it has. My hair is stubborn and hard to encourage to clump. Resistant to no heat curl techniques and sun in lightening. (have never tried stronger products) Can absorb a moderate amount of conditioner.

CG/ModCG/not CG: CG

Hair ingredient likes: oil
Hair ingredient dislikes: mayonnaise, baking soda (weak solutions used occasionally are ok). Soaps and shampoo bars. Protein as leave in or dt. (Gelatin pt makes my hair act over conditioned (limp, soft, frizzy)). Hard hold gels that form a cast.

Hard/Soft Water: soft (west coast)

HG/Go-to Products: currently Everyday Shea bubble bath and conditioner. Coconut oil as a dt or pre poo. Olive oil as a gloss or sealer.

Average climate/dew points: moderate dews year round (40-50 in winter, 50-60 in summer)

Fall/Winter combos:
Spring/Summer combos:
Will probably be the same since I live in a very moderate climate, but I haven't decided yet.

Favorite styling techniques and why: Applying oils to dry hair (i get immediate smoothing and easy to tell when I've had enough). Plopping! (enhances root curl nicely) Satin pillowcase (reduces frizz and tangles). Scalp massage and sebum mobilization when hair is upside down and dry just before washing (cleans scalp and increases hair growth).
Techniques that didn't work and why: pineappling (gives me a headache), skip curls and finger curls (nothing happens), washing and styling upside down (promotes tangles), SOTC (encourages frizz)

Hair Twins: plunkybug, jsuzkelley maybe, even though she lives in a different climate. zeynokiz maybe.

Last edited by earthnut; 07-19-2012 at 03:13 AM.