i have not hennaed my hair in so long. i was shedding globs of hair and could not figure out why. i started using trigger hair oil which my shedding less but i was still shedding.
i started reading this thread and people were saying how henna stopped their shedding so i decided to truck it all the way across yonder to get me some henna and they didnt have my napur 9 herbs so i got jamila and ayur rajasthani.
i mixed with jamila with hibiscus and water and let it sit for 1 1/2 hours before i applied it and let it stay for 4 hours.
it was super easy to rinse and my hair was instantly soft and dark dark dark.
today i co washed with carols daughter chocolat conditioner(for light protein) and i have major elongation. but my curls look the same. its eird but i know elongation from henna is temporary.

i just ordered 3 bags of napur 9 herbs and amla from ayurnaturalbeauty.
Originally Posted by chebaby
I've heard this all the time about henna that it can decrease curls and also that it thickens hair. I assumed these things are long-term but they are not in my experience. Has anyone got long-term straightening-out and thickening from henna? I don't want to lose my curl but extra thickening would be nice since I've lost some thickness over time.
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
I've hennaed for about a year now; my fine hair has thickend in the crown area and I haven't experienced any loosening of curls at all.
JULY 2010 FROM STRAIGHT TO KINKY
doing my own thing... the mention of salon's make me
Jamila brand HENNA IS MY NEW LOVE!
CO, Elucene brand moisturizing shampoo/ moisturizing conditioners, AVJ/ACV rinses are in my arsenal of staple products. My hair DOES like silicones... Organix Argan Oil is a keeper.