Hey everyone, I'm just starting to really get back into exercising after almost two months of very little workouts and I'm very excited to go through this thread since reading the posts make me feel lazy if I don't work out . Right now, I'm looking to lose about 5 pounds (10 at the most), but mostly tone up, which is why I will mostly be doing Bodyrock workouts (similar to Crossfit).

I do have a question I'm hoping someone can help me out with; I tend to almost always get exertion induced migraines after working out (last summer, i could workout everyday, but I was also taking Excedrine migraine everyday) and this can deter me from working out as often. Other than the conventional wisdom I've found online such as making sure to warm up slow, does anyone have any suggestions how to avoid these headaches?
Originally Posted by kimmidawn
Just saw this...do the headaches only happen in the summer? If so it could be heat related and not exertion. Headaches like what you describe are a classic warning of heat exhaustion. Ate you drinking enough water before, during, and after your workouts. A good rule of thumb is 16oz before you workout...16oz for every 30 min during your workout, and then 16oz after your workout. Also, you can sub something like gatoraid or propel for some of the water to make sure you keep your electrolytes balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter