09-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Join Date: Sep 2012
Okay, so I'm getting confused at some parts.
here are the information I've gathered:
- I need a non-sulfate shampoo for occasional use (bec. of being a wavy)
- 1 co-washing conditioner, recommended products are Suave naturals & V05
- 1 leave-in conditioner (?) [I've read that it could be skipped, but if I won't be skipping it, it should be partially rinsed, to act as a leave-in]
- only comb hair WHEN wet, NEVER when it is dry
- use 100% cotton old t-shirts or microfiber towels to dry
Here are the parts where I am confused:
1. I have fine hair, and is said that this type of hair loves protein.
but on another blog, it says that I should stay away from protein!??!
2.I live in the philippines, and humidity here is almost always 75% & up.
"-60 and up = muggy and 80s hair revival. Some curlies will outright skip rinse out conditioners in these conditions. Humectants become somewhat dangerous here, because they'll pull too much water into your hair, making it swell and poof. Here, you will want to use antihumectants. These ingredients are water repellents. Castor oil, beeswax, coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, and shea butter are antihumectants. The caveat with these ingredients is that because they are water repellents, they may build up on your with the CG routine. This is because in order to be water repellent, they must be at least partially insoluble in water. A hard hold gel will be your friend in these muggy conditions if you aren't willing to try antihumectants."
(lifted from the college curly blog)
So do I still have to buy that leave-in conditioner thing? And this hard hold gel, is this the one where in it makes your hair hard? like sticks? For as long as I could remember, I've never used a gel in my life. Maybe I have, but the people who did my hair for special occasions, i guess?
3. Is it a need to have those creams, gels for the "Styling CG curls" process?
I only have little time to prepare for school, and I think that I might not have enough time to do this process.
EDIT: so I saw a couple of signatures listing the products
Low-Poo, CO-Wash, Rinse Out, Leave In, Styler
what's the difference with rinse out, leave-in and the styler?
Last edited by kische; 09-10-2012 at 07:35 AM.