-   2 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/)
-   -   Wavy AG Beach Bomb review...with pic (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/153627-wavy-ag-beach-bomb-review-pic.html)

parzy 01-06-2013 03:54 PM

Wavy AG Beach Bomb review...with pic

1 Attachment(s)
I was in Ulta last week and had one of my periodic urges to try Recoil again...it never works for me and I never learn. It doesn't really encourage my curl, makes my hair get stringy, etc.

Anyway, I saw Beach Bomb and since I appreciate the return policy I got it - came home and looked at some reviews and saw a few comments from people who didn't like Recoil but did like this.

Tried it on Friday. Left in some OneC, scrunched in a quarter-sized amount (it is a cream in a pump) and diffused. It was SO bad that I had to rewash my hair before I could go to work.

I dug my receipt out and laid the product on the counter to return. It was so bad I wasn't going to give it a second chance.

Today, I decided to try again since I didn't have anywhere to go and hadn't had time to return it. Rinsed all the OneC out this time and scrunched in a quarter size of the Beach Bomb. Scrunched with t-shirt. Plopped, did my other stuff and unplopped, scrunched in another quarter-sized glob (my hair is fairly long) and diffused about halfway.

No gel, no leave in and more Beach Bomb and I like it! Full and soft and it has actually gotten better throughout the day. I think I might be able to sleep on it.

Not CG I don't think, which I usually am, but I'm not evangelical about it if I find something I like :blob4:

CurlyMJ 01-06-2013 04:19 PM

Wow I love it! What are your hair properties?

parzy 01-06-2013 04:40 PM

Really fine 2b/c waves that can get weighed down so easily!

I am on the porous side and I like a little protein here and there but too much makes me stringy. Anything too heavy is bad for me, I need what I call "clean moisture", nothing oily or too much, just enough for slip and clumping and a "clean gel" that just sort of holds those clumps until they dry.

Normal go-to products in most seasons and conditions is just sometimes low-poo but usually cowash with Suave Coconut and leave some in (OneC when I'm feeling spend)....and always Angell. It is the one gel that always works for me!

I needed to change things up for winter. I wasn't happy with my routine as the weather changed, at least this pulls up into a messy bun really well too!

BLB 01-07-2013 04:34 PM

Oh my god your hair looks amazing parzy! Really it's so pretty, definitely more 3a to me. We actually have similar hair properties but your hair is much nicer than mine :)

I have the beach bomb as well. I was going to post a review in the review forum but I felt like I needed a few more uses before I could have an official opinion. But I liked it! I love re:coil so I had to try this even though it's not completely CG. I low poo though so I wasn't worried. My main concern is always scalp irritation, but this was fine. It's been about a month since I've tried it last, and that's only because glycerin is pretty high on the list and I think it may be the cause of a little surface frizz now that dews are so low. I am going to try it again tomorrow though and I will report back with a pic. It's supposed to be a little warmer so hopefully the dews will be a bit higher.

My unofficial review...I tried this as my only styler (no leave in, etc) and I believe once with a tiny bit of SSFHG. It gave me extremely soft but defined curls. Curls that held their shape throughout the day. The texture of the product is extremely similar to Curl Junkie CCClite (like a lotion). The smell is amazing as well. I recall a little frizz like I said above, so tomorrow I might try smoothing a little bit of oil over top to combat frizz. We shall see!

CurlyMJ 01-07-2013 05:09 PM

Thanks Parzy - now I wanna try this product too! Your hair sounds very similar to mine. Question, since this isn't CG, do you know if CJ Daily fix would remove the cones? Or would I need a proper sulfate shampoo? I use SM moisture retention once in a while, would that remove the cones? Btw, which low poo do you use?

parzy 01-07-2013 08:36 PM

I looked over the ingredients and didn't see anything immediately off the charts. You should be fine with a low poo, I use either the KBB juicy bar or Deva LowPoo just when I feel like I need it.

I used it again today and was once again pleased, I really like how it wears throughout the day...that said, I don't mind a little frizz. I wear my hair sort of loose and undefined, I will take some frizz for great volume and softness!

I definitely think a little gel over it would work as well.

I wanted to shower tonight air dry all the way to see how it would last overnight but I couldn't get myself pulled together in time :)

Up for additional suggestions on use!

greeneyes2 01-08-2013 07:00 PM

I love your curls! Total hair envy. Keep up the good work!
BTW, is it DevaCare or DevaCurl low poo that u use?

jakrussel3 01-09-2013 08:38 PM

Devacare and devacurl low poo both have the same cleanser, so should be ok. Personally I like the way devacare smells better. :)

Parzy, do you like the beachbomb better than the recoil? Do you think beachbomb has more hold?

Houseofcurls 01-10-2013 02:31 PM

our curls are very similar, mine might be a little tighter, maybe. I am growing mine out like yours. This give me the courage not ot shave my head!! lol!
How do you get such good clumps. My hair is so stringy. ugh.

Monkey_ 03-16-2013 01:54 PM

*revive* :D

I was so intrigued by this product, I bought it yesterday and tried it right away. The only thing I'm worried about is that one cone in it. I'm new to the CG method and have been using the HETT gel. Yesterday before I tried AG beach bomb my hair looked so nice, I actually had a few nice curls going. Anyways, I used the AG product and my hair did exactly what the product promised. It even FELT like it was coated with salt water. I'm sure I used too much the first time, but I liked it. It gave me some good definition. One thing I didn't like was that it made my hair a bit more wavy than curly I think... but that might be because I used too much. I will try it a few more times, but if it does exactly what the HETT gel does I will return it, because 25 bucks vs 3 bucks... yeah, I'll take the 3 dollar product.

Second day hair wasn't so great either, it turned much more wavy than I liked, even when I scrunched with water. Usually I have ringlets around my face, but they seemed a bit dragged out yesterday and today.

I also tried this product on my mom who has pin straight hair and I swear to God, she pretty much got nice 2c waves. Unbelievable. I'm guessing this product is a miracle for straight hair, maybe even great for 2a and 2b. But for me... I don't know. Like I said, the cone bothers me a lot. I will try a bit less next time I shower and see what happens.