Wavy Haircut Advice
Upfront disclaimer: I just wrote a novel, I'm sorry!
I just made an appointment for a haircut a week from today. This is my first "curly" cut and I want to make sure I go in there prepared, so I'm looking for some advice!
My last haircut was in mid-September of last year. I was still wearing my hair "straight" pre-CG. It was REALLY short, plus the stylist used a razor and thinning shears. It was kind of an inverted bob, so it's shorter in the back and long in the front. In November, I discovered CG and have been trying to grow out the cut.
Current length: the longest pieces of hair (in the front) reach my collarbone when straight. The back of my head is just past the "knob" of my neck when straight.
1. The hair around my face just kind of hangs there, since it is the longest part. It is also the straightest part of my hair. I have a really small forehead/low hairline, and I think my face just looks crowded by my hair. My hair also just doesn't have any shape to it. What should I do with the front? Side swept bangs? Layers? Leave it alone?
2. I have crazy, crazy "layering," if you can even call it that. I'll attach some pictures that show. The shortest "layers" are the pieces that were the most violent victims of the thinning shears. They are mainly the reason I have been waiting so long to get another cut. I needed them to grow out somewhat.
So basically, what are some things I should ask for? Do "face framing layers" work at this length? I'm trying to keep my length as long as possible, but I realize I might have to cut a decent amount off to get rid of my weird ends. Any advice would be appreciated! I'm struggling to find pictures for inspiration.
1. My haircut back in September.
2. The front. My forehead is so small!!!
3. Left side (curlier side)
5. Right side (not as curly)
Please excuse the weird coloring. I used my webcam, and then played with the exposure/saturation to try to get as much definition as possible.
The two photos on this post: These are my weird "layers." I put my hair back and just pulled out the canopy of my hair. This only really happens on the left side of my head. There is just a crazy difference in the lengths, and you can see how dramatic the angling is from the back to the front! What to do about this?!
Flippacious, I just had to say that we are coming from almost the same hair timeline,except I had mine cut a little earlier, in like June and started cg again in dec, and we have similar properties. So I have this same question.
Here's mine after haircut and now:
Attachment 32329 Attachment 32330
I really want to get mine cut now but have the same concerns. I think that well placed layers could help the sections that bother you. But I haven't had mine cut curly yet so that's just opinion, I have nothing to back it up lol. When you do get it cut, if you do, let us see pictures!
KatMack, we do have really similar hair!! Yours is beautiful, btw. I'm so jealous of the length! I've been trying to wait longer before getting it cut, but I just really want a little more shape to my hair than it has right now, you know? I will definitely post some pics after the cut!
I like a slight angle in front, but depending on where your wave starts, it may result in straightness.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:15 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com