Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 2

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jakrussel3
  • 1 Post By Firefox7275
  • 2 Post By PomegranateCurl
  • 1 Post By yossarian

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #1
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Default New L'Oreal EverCurl Hydracharge Shampoo & Conditioner for 2a/2b

I recently saw an ad online for the L'Oreal EverCurl range which is a line of products which are sulfate but not silicone free. I had a look on the L'Oreal website and found that for my hair type 2a/2b wavy, dry/damaged I was recommended to use the EverCurl Hydracharge Shampoo & Conditioner with the EverCurl Silk and Gloss Dual Oil Care.

I began co-washing about 2 weeks ago and am having a hell of a time with oily roots and dry ends and am really considering trying these L'Oreal products suggested in hope of them help me achieve the level of wave and hydration that I'm after. However I'm worried that if the products don't work the way i expect and because they still have silicones I will have screwed up my whole co-washing routine and will have to start again.

Has anyone tried these products? Or have any recommendations based on the ingredients?

Recommendation Page: Ripple Effect: Enhance Your Natural Waves By L'Oreal Paris

Shampoo Ingredients: EverCurl Hydracharge Shampoo - Anti-Frizz Shampoo for Curly Hair - L'Oreal Paris

Conditioner Ingredients: EverCurl Hydracharge Conditioner - Perfectly Shaped Curls - L'Oreal Paris

Oil Ingredients: EverCurl Silk and Gloss Dual Oil Care - Detangles Curls - L'Oreal Paris

Thanks
ellouised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
 
AKgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 338
Default

I have the shampoo and conditioner and was really not impressed with either. I'm mostly using my deva low-poo or the shea boabab shampoo. I'd suggest shea shampoos first they are a low-poo, affordable, and cone free. I also use the shea boabab conditioner and I like it! Moisturizing but didn't weigh down my fine hair. One thing I do (as I also get dry ends) is I coat my ends with conditioner, and use only the shampoo on the roots fine, use more conditioner, detangle, and rinse upside down cold water. Then you could use a little shea moisture curl and some milk to moisturize your ends and a gel for hold (depends on the type of hold your looking for). My concern with the loreal silk and oil product is that it has alcohol denat which is extremely drying and would likely make your ends even drier. Anyways, I'm not really sure what products you've used, but many wavies find they need to low poo.
__________________
2a-2bFii HP

Low poo: SM Yucca and Baobab shampoo
Condish: Redken Body Full
LI: Redken Body Full
Products: Organix Moroccan Curl Defining Cream
Seal: Redken Diamond Oil
Hairspray: Aussie Sprunch : )
Add NPF to my my hair after I wash and LOVE gelatin protein treatment!


My hair loves protein, plopping, and diffusing! Trying to find a way to style and air dry.
AKgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
 
jakrussel3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 415
Default

You may want to try using a sulfate free low-poo such as devacare low poo (smells better than devacurl) on your root area and scalp and then use a silicone free rinse out conditioner on the length of your hair. When I went CG a little over a year ago, I had oily roots and dry tangly hair. I read The Curly Girl Handbook and began washing my hair just like it said to in the book (the wavy routine) where you use low poo or no poo on your scalp and conditioner on the length of your hair. Now my hair is in super good condition and rarely ever tangles. The low poo is $18 for a 12 ounce bottle but it lasted me over a year just using it on my scalp like that. And I LOVE DevaCare One Condition. It really hydrates well. I use the liter bottles of the One Condition and went through 2 last year.
wavycurlygaby likes this.
__________________
Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cucumbers
Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cucumbers
Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender
Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
Gel/Mousse: AIF, AIA Curling Jelly, Sweet Elixirs Flax Seed Gel w/ Mag Sulfate added, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use
jakrussel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
 
angelicak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 127
Default

I have the loreal ever curl shampoo and I still can't decide how I like it. I'm leaning towards disliking it because it makes my scalp itch like crazy
__________________
CG since: 2/9/2013
HAIR: 2a/b with nearly straight hair at neck, flat on top, low porosity, medium density, fine, medium length
Currently using:
Low Poo/No Poo: SM YB, Malibu C Hardwater Wellness (every other day)
Rinse Out: Malibu C Hardwater Wellness Conditioner
Leave In: SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
Gel: Volumax (Sally's)
PT: gelatin!
DT: Curls Unleashed NR

Love diffusing.
Always learning!
angelicak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
 
angelicak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 127
Default

I have the loreal ever curl shampoo and I still can't decide how I like it. I'm leaning towards disliking it because it makes my scalp itch like crazy! Still not sure why but from others comments, it's the preservatives
__________________
CG since: 2/9/2013
HAIR: 2a/b with nearly straight hair at neck, flat on top, low porosity, medium density, fine, medium length
Currently using:
Low Poo/No Poo: SM YB, Malibu C Hardwater Wellness (every other day)
Rinse Out: Malibu C Hardwater Wellness Conditioner
Leave In: SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
Gel: Volumax (Sally's)
PT: gelatin!
DT: Curls Unleashed NR

Love diffusing.
Always learning!
angelicak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
 
gloria25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
Default

I have the EverCurl Conditioner (I don't use the shampoo) and I love the smell of it. It's pretty thick and i like using it for my leave-in. However, I still need an occasional deep conditioning, and that's something I haven't quite gotten sorted out yet. In other words, The EverCurl conditioner does not fully solve dryness or frizz issues for me.
__________________
Started embracing the 2b waves in March 2013. I can't believe how immediate the difference, when I stopped using sulfates! Now I need guidance on most everything else.
My best guess so far at my hair profile: 2b, medium porosity, fine and med width strands, low-to-med density, medium length.
gloria25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
 
Roswenthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 66
Default

It worked alright for me. My hair is very fine, and it didn't weigh it down.

However, I couldn't stand the smell of it. It has a very strong, fake gardenia scent. The scent didn't go away when it was dry, and bothered me all day long. I gave it a few weeks, and that didn't really improve.
__________________
Averages out at 2b, ranges from 1c to 3a, very fine
Mane 'n Tail co-wash + leave-in
Clarifying shampoo every few weeks
Lavender Allergy
Roswenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellouised View Post
I recently saw an ad online for the L'Oreal EverCurl range which is a line of products which are sulfate but not silicone free. I had a look on the L'Oreal website and found that for my hair type 2a/2b wavy, dry/damaged I was recommended to use the EverCurl Hydracharge Shampoo & Conditioner with the EverCurl Silk and Gloss Dual Oil Care.

I began co-washing about 2 weeks ago and am having a hell of a time with oily roots and dry ends and am really considering trying these L'Oreal products suggested in hope of them help me achieve the level of wave and hydration that I'm after. However I'm worried that if the products don't work the way i expect and because they still have silicones I will have screwed up my whole co-washing routine and will have to start again.

Has anyone tried these products? Or have any recommendations based on the ingredients?

Recommendation Page: Ripple Effect: Enhance Your Natural Waves By L'Oreal Paris

Shampoo Ingredients: EverCurl Hydracharge Shampoo - Anti-Frizz Shampoo for Curly Hair - L'Oreal Paris

Conditioner Ingredients: EverCurl Hydracharge Conditioner - Perfectly Shaped Curls - L'Oreal Paris

Oil Ingredients: EverCurl Silk and Gloss Dual Oil Care - Detangles Curls - L'Oreal Paris

Thanks
IMO give the CG method at least a month preferably two or three, it takes a while for hair and scalp to adjust and you may need to try a few products before you find your HGs. You probably already gave commercial sulphate and silicone rich products many years of your life and $$$ from your bank, you didn't quit after the first shampoo and conditioner didn't give you perfect hair. It is tough seeing the true condition of damaged hair when you strip away the silicones and polyquats, to me it's like taking off your make up to have a professional facial with products full of research proven actives, eventually you will have better skin ... but it won't be down to the make up.

The L'Oreal products may well give you better looking hair short term with faux shine and slip but are they going to make your hair healthier? Do you know what the ingredients are in that chemical soup that claims to be an 'oil'? There is more drying alcohol (denat) than coconut oil, the second and third ingredients are water based humectants (glycerin, butylene glycol) which are in many CG friendly products (or you can add honey or glycerin yourself) plus a stack of silicones which just sit on the surface coating the hair in 'plastic'. That is why I don't purchase products like that, the whole premise is based on a lie.

Are you getting greasy roots right after co-washing or after styling or the next day? Are you using a co-wash product that is too rich, not using enough product or not massaging enough, are you getting leave in conditioner too close to the scalp? Do you need a richer product for those ends? Do your ends just plain need a trim?
yossarian likes this.
__________________
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG, growing out mechanical and chemical damage = breakage and very high porosity. Past armpit length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut
Treatments: Komaza Matani, coconut oil, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss ultimate volume, Inecto argan
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Experimenting with: going back to basics
Firefox7275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 212
Default

Cowashing will NOT remove silicones. If you are going the cowashing route, you must avoid silicones in all products. Otherwise the cones will build up on your hair and prevent moisture from getting in and it will just be a general mess.

To remove cones, you'll have to wash w/ a cone-free sulfate shampoo, or a cone-free sulfate-free shampoo that has coco-betaine.

Since you've been using products w/ cones, you'll have to do this to clarify and get a fresh start. Good luck!

Tonya (aka curl chemist) has a good article about which surfactants dissolve which silicones.


As far as the EverCurl products... maybe this isn't a fair judgement but these huge companies are the same ones that have been giving us nasty crap to put in our hair (and on our skin) for decades. There are so many different companies now specifying in curly and wavy hair. Their products often contain high quality, natural and gentle ingredients that are also effective in moisturizing hair, adding protein etc. Why not give them a chance? I've given L'oreal enough of my money in the past on products that rarely delivered on their promises. If I'm going to try a new product I'd much rather give a small, emerging hair care company a chance, before I go running back to L'Oreal, forgiving it for all its past blunders.
yossarian and Pookarina like this.
PomegranateCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomegranateCurl View Post
As far as the EverCurl products... maybe this isn't a fair judgement but these huge companies are the same ones that have been giving us nasty crap to put in our hair (and on our skin) for decades. There are so many different companies now specifying in curly and wavy hair. Their products often contain high quality, natural and gentle ingredients that are also effective in moisturizing hair, adding protein etc. Why not give them a chance? I've given L'oreal enough of my money in the past on products that rarely delivered on their promises. If I'm going to try a new product I'd much rather give a small, emerging hair care company a chance, before I go running back to L'Oreal, forgiving it for all its past blunders.
Good point, well made.
__________________
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG, growing out mechanical and chemical damage = breakage and very high porosity. Past armpit length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut
Treatments: Komaza Matani, coconut oil, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss ultimate volume, Inecto argan
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Experimenting with: going back to basics
Firefox7275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
The L'Oreal products may well give you better looking hair short term with faux shine and slip but are they going to make your hair healthier? Do you know what the ingredients are in that chemical soup that claims to be an 'oil'? There is more drying alcohol (denat) than coconut oil, the second and third ingredients are water based humectants (glycerin, butylene glycol) which are in many CG friendly products (or you can add honey or glycerin yourself) plus a stack of silicones which just sit on the surface coating the hair in 'plastic'. That is why I don't purchase products like that, the whole premise is based on a lie.
Quite true. I purchased several items from the L'Oreal EverCurl line, hoping desperately to get budget-friendly on-the-ground products. But I was not very comfortable with the ingredient lists, since many of them have cones & lack the good stuff that companies like Shea Moisture and Giovanni put into their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomegranateCurl View Post
As far as the EverCurl products... maybe this isn't a fair judgement but these huge companies are the same ones that have been giving us nasty crap to put in our hair (and on our skin) for decades. There are so many different companies now specifying in curly and wavy hair. Their products often contain high quality, natural and gentle ingredients that are also effective in moisturizing hair, adding protein etc. Why not give them a chance? I've given L'oreal enough of my money in the past on products that rarely delivered on their promises. If I'm going to try a new product I'd much rather give a small, emerging hair care company a chance, before I go running back to L'Oreal, forgiving it for all its past blunders.
+1. I'd rather pay more to support smaller manufacturers that are genuinely natural, even if my hair doesn't look quite as spectacular
Firefox7275 likes this.
__________________
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Co-wash: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Stylers: As I Am Leave-In conditioner
PT: SSI Okra; CJ Repair Me; BASK Whiskey Soak
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 152
Default

I'm a huge fan of the cleaning conditioner. I cleans with that and then put it my TN on my length and leave it in for the remainder of my shower. I get a ton of body and my waves are more defined and soft. I love the smell too!
I think I am the only one who loves this product lol! I'm on my third bottle!



My hair is anywhere between a 2B and 2C . Baby fine and low-po
Cleanser- L'oreal Hydracharge Cleansing condish
RO- Tress Naturals
LI- GF anti-humidity smoothing milk, and Hydracharge LI condish
Clarifier - Great Clips Clarifying shampoo
No gel, just a mist of L'oreal
ever style sea salt spray !
Purplecurls17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #13
 
tycho19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 946
Default

I like the evercurl shampoo. Its non stripping and works well in my hard water.
__________________
2B/2C wavy
Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
tycho19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
evercurl, hair 2a, hair 2b, loreal, wavy
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com