My new routine... consistent good hair days
Hi all! I haven't posted in a long while but I figure I should give an update on my hair. I'm finally having consistently good hair days now with this new routine that I really wanted to share. 2nd day hair is still hit or miss but much better. My hair is layered and is past waist length when curly, and hip length when straightened.
For these results:
almost dry with flash:
I did the following:
- sulfate wash with Lush's Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo (btw I use sulfates once a month otherwise I CO wash with Tresumme naturals conditioner or various non-sulfate shampoo)
- Deep condition with coconut oil (1 tablespoon) then rinse after a few mintues.
- squeeze out excess wetness
- apply leave in conditioner with Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl style milk (quarter size)
- comb through shea moisture coconut & hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie (around 2 teaspoons)
- comb through two good sized pumps of Pantene curl defining mousse.
- scrunch with a towel
- diffuse for 5min
- air dry the rest of the way
I think of all the products that I've been using, the curl enhancing smoothie has made the best improvement in my hair. It seems to hold its curl better and I have a better chance of getting second day hair with it. I also found that gel does not give me good results. I must use mousse.
For second day hair I wet my hands and finger comb my hair then scrunch. If it looks bad I do a half up half down doo or make a messy bun.
BTW I have been mainly posting in the 2s for over a year although my hair has a mix of 2s and 3s. Lately though I think since doing this routine I have been getting more into the 3s especially in the back. Any thoughts?
It's so pretty! I definitely think you have some 3 spirals towards to ends, for sure!
Isn't it nice when you fund something that just works... every time!
I wish we had these products hear in Australia :(
Lovely! (both you and your hair) :)
Thank you so much ladies!!! Ya it feels good to have a routine that is finally working somewhat consistently. What a difference it makes for appreciating your natural hair.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:28 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com