I'm still pretty new to the CG routine and NaturallyCurly so I'm definitely not an expert, but here's the advice I can give you:
1. Condition well. Make sure you use enough to make your hair feel silky and moisturized. When rinsing, you don't have to rinse out all of it; leaving in about 10% can make it softer.
2. Have you tried a lightweight, conditioning gel or mousse? Gel or mousse help define your waves, but finding a product that suits you is difficult. I'm still on the lookout for a possible HG gel. I'm tired of mousse at the moment. Also, many hair products can give hair stiffness, but a lot of people find that scrunching when dry takes the products "crunchiness" out.
1. Tigi Bed Head Control Freak Serum (it's really a gel) is decent. It doesn't control all of the frizz, but it's not too crunchy.
2. Today I tried L'Oreal Tightly Wound Spray Gel. I used it as a finishing spray after diffusing (used Control Freak on wet hair before diffusing). It felt a little stiff but it seems good for frizz and extra hold if you need it.
3. I ordered Angell online and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I'll let you know how it works when I receive it. I've heard good things about it so far.
1. Pantene Pro-V Curl-Sculpting Defining Mousse - Leaves hair soft and not too crunchy. CG, but it can make scalp itchy if you use too much.
2. Aussie Dual Personality Mousse + Leave-in Conditioner (now called Catch the Wave) gave me nice, soft hair. I used it when I was trying to make my hair straight (pre-CG) but it might work for encouaging curls too. The ingredients have a water insoluble cone (dimethicone) and cocamidopropyl betaine (
3. Dove Curl and Sculpt Defining Mousse - It worked well for my hair by keeping it soft and defined. It was only crunchy if I used a lot. Again, there is a water insoluble silicone, dimethiconol, that has to be removed with shampoo.
4. Condition 3-in-1 Mousse - It's okay, but not my favorite. I think it's CG.
Sorry about the length of this post! HTH!