CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   2 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/)
-   -   Pictures (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/2942-pictures.html)

susan9800 06-17-2005 09:36 AM

Pictures
 
Ok I think I did this right. So if anyone can tell me what they think my hair is I'd be so grateful :) Thanks!

http://public.fotki.com/susan9800/

password: Curls

kjwavy 06-17-2005 01:49 PM

Susan, your hair is beautiful :) I'm going to have to try your technique of putting it up in a pineapple while wet & see if I can anymore volume! What kind of clips do you use in order to get that lift in the front? TIA :)

kimmyc 06-17-2005 03:55 PM

Very pretty hair! I'd say you're probably a 2b myself. You have nice waves that are consistent throughout your hair. :)

CelticMoonDance 06-17-2005 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwavy
Susan, your hair is beautiful :) I'm going to have to try your technique of putting it up in a pineapple while wet & see if I can anymore volume! What kind of clips do you use in order to get that lift in the front? TIA :)

ITA! I can't use clip at all in the front without getting dents in my hair :( . But, I can get pretty good lifter by air drying it to one side and then flipping it the other way :D

Kimberly

susan9800 06-17-2005 07:07 PM

Thanks KJ! I am thinking of trying putting it in another pineapple right after its dry tomorrow. I did this the other day, for late day hair, after putting a little water on it and except for the frizz it was way curly. So we'll see.
I use the deva clips. I tried the other long ones, but they were just too long and fell over. I pinch some hair on either side of the part and put the clip either crossways or today I tried putting them straight end, so the end of the clip was pointed towards my back. It seemed easier to remove them without pulling some hair with it. I hope that makes sense. I usually do it when my hair is still warm from the diffuser and spray some hair spray on them once they are all in.

Thanks Kimmyc! I was thinking 2b but sometimes its hard to tell when it's your own hair, ya know. :)

Thanks Kimberly! I get some dents sometimes, but usually if I just scrunch a little with my fingers then that either comes out, or I usually take the dent side and flip it to the other side and it give it a little more lift in front. Like the other day when I had to get a passport pic taken (yuk) I had this funky wave/curl in front. I just flipped it and went, figuring nobody's passport pics ever look good anyway. Surprisingly the hair looked ok, but the pic was still ick. :?

Dancingbadger 06-19-2005 10:51 PM

wow your hair looks a lot like mine!! I have no pictures.

CelticMoonDance 06-20-2005 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan9800
Thanks Kimberly! I get some dents sometimes, but usually if I just scrunch a little with my fingers then that either comes out, or I usually take the dent side and flip it to the other side and it give it a little more lift in front. Like the other day when I had to get a passport pic taken (yuk) I had this funky wave/curl in front. I just flipped it and went, figuring nobody's passport pics ever look good anyway. Surprisingly the hair looked ok, but the pic was still ick. :?

Thanks, I will try to clip it again and flip the other way. Passport pics are like DL pics.....they always make you look horrible. I think the people that take the pictures have a sercret organization that give monetary awards for the worst pictures :lol:

Kimberly

meegs 06-20-2005 08:33 AM

I'd also say 2b.

Your hair actually looks like mine a little. Mine is not as long, nor red, nor as pretty. But the bulk of my hair is pretty similar to yours as far as curl/wave pattern goes. I'm a bit flatter in the back, but curlier in the front (the front clumps hit 3a when things are going good).

susan9800 06-20-2005 11:18 AM

Quote:

Thanks, I will try to clip it again and flip the other way. Passport pics are like DL pics.....they always make you look horrible. I think the people that take the pictures have a sercret organization that give monetary awards for the worst pictures
Then the girl that took mine so totally won! I hope the clips work for you. I tried a pineapple after I was done diffusing yesterday after re-wetting and conditioning it after the cut. I had plenty of volume, but more frizz than I like. I don't know if it was the pineapple and touching it too much or the towel drying from the haircut.

Meegs: Do you find the bulk weighs your hair down? It seems like mine does and its such a fine line finding stuff that works and doesn't weigh it down.

CelticMoonDance 06-20-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan9800
I hope the clips work for you. I tried a pineapple after I was done diffusing yesterday after re-wetting and conditioning it after the cut. I had plenty of volume, but more frizz than I like. I don't know if it was the pineapple and touching it too much or the towel drying from the haircut.

For me it is touching it too much. If I only scrunch with a towel after applying product, my hair is MUCH less frizzy. :D

When I touch it too much, oh my :shock:

Kimberly

meegs 06-20-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan9800
Meegs: Do you find the bulk weighs your hair down? It seems like mine does and its such a fine line finding stuff that works and doesn't weigh it down.

I suffer from major weigh-down issues, not only with products but with length as well. I feel like once my hair gets past a certain point, the weight of it starts to pull the volume and curl out of my hair. This may just be me getting paranoid though, and not knowing how to adjust the amount of product but I'm no good at figuring out the amount of product to put on my hair at it's current length either!

It's a struggle to find a conditioner that moisturizes without weighing down too. My hair is not uber-dry, so I don't need an extremely thick or heavy conditioner. But if I don't protect it with adequate moisture, it can get very dry-looking, tangly and straw-like in no time flat.

Don't really have any answers I guess. Just commiserating. :)

kjwavy 06-20-2005 04:18 PM

OMG, meegs, I could have written your post myself!! I have SUCH weigh-down issues - I even had my stylist cut some shorter layers in it last time, which did help some. I also find that it looks better (on me) just below shoulder length as opposed to bra strap length.

It's such a fine line for me between enough moisture & being overconditioned. I have found the Rusk Calm Leave In/Detangler has been working very well for me, as long as I only spray it on the lower 1/2 or so of my hair. My hair is highlighted, so it needs some moisture, but if it gets anywhere near my roots, I'm doomed to having a flat hair day :(

LavenderCurls 06-20-2005 07:13 PM

Quote:

My hair is highlighted, so it needs some moisture, but if it gets anywhere near my roots, I'm doomed to having a flat hair day
This is a catch-22 for me :? . I SO need the volume but if I don't put a leave-in on, I end up with frizzy hair up top because of having to mess with it after it's dry.

Susan - you are pretty and have such pretty hair!

susan9800 06-20-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meegs
Quote:

Originally Posted by susan9800
Meegs: Do you find the bulk weighs your hair down? It seems like mine does and its such a fine line finding stuff that works and doesn't weigh it down.

I suffer from major weigh-down issues, not only with products but with length as well. I feel like once my hair gets past a certain point, the weight of it starts to pull the volume and curl out of my hair. This may just be me getting paranoid though, and not knowing how to adjust the amount of product but I'm no good at figuring out the amount of product to put on my hair at it's current length either!

It's a struggle to find a conditioner that moisturizes without weighing down too. My hair is not uber-dry, so I don't need an extremely thick or heavy conditioner. But if I don't protect it with adequate moisture, it can get very dry-looking, tangly and straw-like in no time flat.

Don't really have any answers I guess. Just commiserating. :)


Right now I am really liking Suave Coconut with some olive oil mixed in. I usually put about a tbsp or 2 in a regular size bottle. I go through it pretty quick, so I don't really worry about it spoiling or anything. It seems to give really good slip without feeling weighted down. I tried the V05 honey almond, but it seems too heavy for me. The moisture milks seem ok so far, but still thicker and heavier than the suave. I alternate it with deva one also.

susan9800 06-20-2005 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LavenderCurls
Quote:

My hair is highlighted, so it needs some moisture, but if it gets anywhere near my roots, I'm doomed to having a flat hair day
This is a catch-22 for me :? . I SO need the volume but if I don't put a leave-in on, I end up with frizzy hair up top because of having to mess with it after it's dry.

Susan - you are pretty and have such pretty hair!

Thanks Lisa, that's so nice of you to say. :) I have been using a leave in (Aveda) but now I wonder what would happen if I didn't one day. Hmm maybe I need more on the top to help the frizzies.. I may have to play around with the amount and see what happens, volume/frizz wise.

CelticMoonDance 06-21-2005 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LavenderCurls
Quote:

My hair is highlighted, so it needs some moisture, but if it gets anywhere near my roots, I'm doomed to having a flat hair day
This is a catch-22 for me :? . I SO need the volume but if I don't put a leave-in on, I end up with frizzy hair up top because of having to mess with it after it's dry.

Susan - you are pretty and have such pretty hair!

Oh no, don't mess with it when it is dry with your hands. :shock: Just spray it and use a microfiber towel to scrunch it. My hair is a frizzy mess when my hands get anywhere near my dry hair :D Right before it is dry I add a little Awe spray and scrunch with the towel. It really help my hair w/ volume and curl definition.

What do you use for a leave-in? Some can make my hair flat. EMB does not weigh my hair down at all.

And ITA about your Susan comment!

ETA: look below I have pictures now too :D


Kimberly

cunninghamair 06-21-2005 12:51 PM

Beautiful! Kimberly, how do you get that lift at the roots?!

CelticMoonDance 06-21-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunninghamair
Beautiful! Kimberly, how do you get that lift at the roots?!

Thank you. I know I have a long way to go, but, I only started a month ago so I am proud of myself :D

To get lift I:

Rinse conditioner and honey rinse out upside down

Leave my hair upside down while applying product and scrunch hair per Jessicurl's website. I then diffuse my roots on cool setting for about 2 minutes. I think getting the water weight out REALLY helps with lift.

Let hair airdry and then apply a little B&A gel and scrunch with a towel and flip to whatever side looks the best. When I get to work my hair is relatively dry. I spray a little Awe spray on and scrunch with the small microfiber towel in my purse and I am done.

I use no duck bills or clips (I get dents) and no hairspray.

Honestly, I think I can give most of the credit to those darn baby hairs I have complained about all my life in the front of my hair. Now that I am accepting my curls they kind of work :wink:

Kimberly

LavenderCurls 06-22-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Oh no, don't mess with it when it is dry with your hands. Just spray it and use a microfiber towel to scrunch it. My hair is a frizzy mess when my hands get anywhere near my dry hair Right before it is dry I add a little Awe spray and scrunch with the towel. It really help my hair w/ volume and curl definition.

What do you use for a leave-in? Some can make my hair flat. EMB does not weigh my hair down at all.

And ITA about your Susan comment!

ETA: look below I have pictures now too
I'll have to try that, Kimberly, thanks for the suggestion! I wish my AWE wasn't at work, I'll have to bring it home tomorrow :lol: . I use VO5 Milk Moisture and just got my Elucence (and Curl Keeper) on Saturday. Love the Elucence - still playing around with the CK and getting the right amount under the gel de jour.

I looked at your pictures in the other thread before I logged on. Your hair kinda sorta is like mine (guess that's why we're in the same hair forum, huh? :lol: ) I wish mine would lift like yours, but it doesn't wanna. Dang hair has a mind of it's own. Although, I think actually it looks okay - it's my how face looks depending on what the hair does. Does that make sense?

Your hair is fabulous, by the way!!

CelticMoonDance 06-23-2005 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LavenderCurls
I'll have to try that, Kimberly, thanks for the suggestion! I wish my AWE wasn't at work, I'll have to bring it home tomorrow :lol: . I use VO5 Milk Moisture and just got my Elucence (and Curl Keeper) on Saturday. Love the Elucence - still playing around with the CK and getting the right amount under the gel de jour.

I looked at your pictures in the other thread before I logged on. Your hair kinda sorta is like mine (guess that's why we're in the same hair forum, huh? :lol: ) I wish mine would lift like yours, but it doesn't wanna. Dang hair has a mind of it's own. Although, I think actually it looks okay - it's my how face looks depending on what the hair does. Does that make sense?

Your hair is fabulous, by the way!!

Try the Awe with the little towel; it really help combat frizz and give you curl deginition. You will have to post pictures too so that we can see your hair. I would love to find some hair twins :D I used to try to get my hair to lie down a little...the grass is always greener on the other side, right!? :lol: I have currently decided to stop fighting my hair and just go with. It always wins anyway....it's like a force of nature :lol:

That completely makes sense about how your hair makes your face look. For years I wanted bangs. I have a little face and with bangs my face looks even smaller. I think that we each have to go with what works for us. No use trying to make ourselves or our hair into something it is not!

I will post under your CK thread too :D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com