View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
ShinyCurl

Question Baking soda & ACV! ...??

Hi ^^

I wanna share my results with you using baking soda & rinsing with apple cider vinegar.

The first time I tried it at the beginning of my CG journey to clarify. That time I mixed a cup of water with a teaspoon baking soda, applied it to my hair, rinsed with water and then with apple cider vinegar (two tablespoons mixed with four cups of water). Before I used a clarifying sulfate shampoo, afterwards a moisturizing conditioner - both silicone free.
The results were nothing to get excited about. When my hair was dry it looked as usual but I also hadn't expected anything since I had not co-washed yet.

Because co-washing still did not work for me after almost a month of CG I decided to give baking soda another try. This time I mixed a tablespoon of baking soda with three tablespoons of conditioner (that was more than enough... Next time I'm gonna use only half of the mixture ^^) and rinsed with the same amount of ACV as last time.
I was really amazed because some of my strands were almost dry after one hour. Since I started co-washing my hair takes normally four or five hours to dry...! When it was fully dried I noticed the color had become lighter and my hair had a very nice shine. It actually looked a bit honey-colored ^^ Also, I had no flat top, it looked very voluminous! As usual, it was a bit dry and fluffy. My hair always looks and feels soft. The curls are normally a bit undefined and flyaway-ish but this time the curls looked RELATIVELY defined. I keep experimenting with things that moisturize my hair but don't weigh it down

A few days later I tried to wash my hair with my new sulfate free shampoo. It did not look bad but also not as good as the second time when I used baking soda and ACV

Now I have got a question: Is it bad for the hair to wash it with baking soda and rinse with ACV afterwards? I have to wash my hair every three days because if I wait longer it gets greasy and the curls get undefined. Would it ruin my hair if I washed it with baking soda & ACV so often?

Texture: 2C/3A

Products: Balea Feuchtigkeits-Spülung, Alverde Glanz-Spülung, Alverde Stylinggel weißer Tee & Lemongrass

Sorry for my spelling mistakes... English is not my first language
ShinyCurl is offline   Reply With Quote