oooh.. I'm a huge sci-fi fan. there's just so many so I'll only list a couple for now since I'm not sure anyone is still checking this thread.

Pretty much anything by Philip K. Dick - a good portion of sci-fi movies are based on his stories (ex. Minority Report, Paycheck, Blade Runner, Total Recall, Screamers, A Scanner Darkly (that one verged on Pahlaniuk-esque which isn't necesarilly bad)). The movies rarely stay true... though I'll be honest, Paycheck is the only movie I've ever seen that I liked better than the book. Considering it starred Ben Affleck that's even more surprising... anyhow...

Ender's Game has been mentioned already but is worth the read along with other classics like 1984 and Farenheit 451 and Brave New World. And of course Dune.

The Dark Tower Series by Steven King is actually in the sci-fi/fantasy realm and is probably my favorite series.

If you're more into like giant space battles and such there's always the Battlemech/Mech Warrior books...

I'll stop for now. let me know if anyone wants more LOL
2a-2c (depending on the day)
Medium-fine texture, High density, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, APL.

What happens to you here is forever

Last edited by RainyDayWaves; 08-01-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: I used "though" about 5 times in one paragraph. It was awful.