I'm guessing you're based in the US, maybe Canada? I like this idea, but dear god, please no one try this in the UK, or if you do, make sure it's expensive peanut butter (no Sunpat, people!)

I say this because I am an American import to the UK, and much to my derision, most peanut butter is a completely different animal over here. American PB generally has to consistency of margarine or butter spread. If you melt it, it melts and stays melted for a reasonable length of time. I think it must have more oil or something. Major UK brands, on the other hand, congeal almost immediately when you take them off the heat, and even "smooth" varieties are kind of... grainy. I imagine it would be a nightmare to get into your hair, let alone out. It's going to clump and stick like glue.

I might try this some time anyway though. I frequently request peanut butter to be sent in my care packages from back home, because I don't like the stuff here.
Originally Posted by SpinningNickel
I actually know exactly what you mean! My husbands is from the UK and his family sends him care packages here in the US and it is completely different!

I've actually done this twice now, and the first time I used regular old PB but then I tried it with PB that had honey already in it and it worked even better! I also took two eggs, mixed one spoonful of the honey PB in it and did that. It's so easy to clean out and it left my hair feeling AMAZING! I def needed some PT.
2C, Medium/Fine, Low Porosity, High Density - CG since 5.19.12
Cowash: Burt's Bee's More Moisture Boabab
[B]Conditioner/LI: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner - I don't RO
Styling Products: KCCC, KY, Deva Arc AnGel, HESMU