About oiling ends, if you only use shampoo twice a week, but condition the hair in the shower daily, would you oil every day?? Because won't that cause buildup on the ends??? I can see before or after a shampoo because the shampoo gets it off, but I can't see me oiling every day after using conditioner, because I think that oil just sits on top of the hair and will build up. Any thoughts/?
Also, do you all just to ends, just ends, or length with oil?? and do you scrunch oil into ends or smooth or what??
Originally Posted by mamaherrera
well every one uses oil differently, my hair for example, soaks most oils up, in small amounts that is. i oil my ends to "seal" the water in, this helps with dryness n breakage. i oil my ends almost every day. after my shower or refreshing/washing my hair, i mix my condish and a little oil in the palm of my hands. then i work it in my hair. the bottom half. i guess i just smooth it in, though i do make sure that the very ends of my hair is totally coated. i can leave the oil in over night/during the day, and my hair doesnt get greasy, i dont get build up from it. my hair just soaks it up.

my hair: 3c, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

I also blog about my hair journey, please feel free to read and comment/ask questions http://www.naturallycurly.com/blogs/...air-blogs/2494