I saw her picture before reading about her hair bashing. When I looked at her all I thought was that she looks very pretty, and has the type of face that looks great with hair pulled back, that's all. How else could her hair possibly be done considering what she does? I don't get it, I can't imagine any other hairstyle in her position. There's nothing wrong with it at all, and especially nothing ugly, and people are saying it's not a beauty competition/red carpet event, but in all honesty, even if it was a beauty contest, I still wouldn't see anything wrong with her hair. There's so much light in her, how could anyone see anything ugly about her at all? Those who do don't see the whole, just some fragment, and even that appears distorted to them. Whatever you see is a reflection of you. Someone's reaction and opinion to and of what they see says more about them than about the seen. Someone telling someone else they are ugly is in essence the same as calling themselves ugly. All is one and inseparable.
Originally Posted by blulight
It is not really the hair style per se that they are hating on. They know how gymnists wear their hair. Like any naturally curly girl knows if straightend our hair will revert to curls or kinks with moisture be it water or sweat. Many black women consider any sign of kink whether new growth or water reversion to be unkempt and nappy. So when Gabby started sweating and her edges reverted then the haters started bashing her. They felt she should have plastered her hair down with strong hold gel which is very unhealthy and I know several people whose hair has broken off that way. I know it may not make sense to everyone because it is kind of a cultural thing.