Thread: Curly Kinks
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #151
FrizzBgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniesusan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizzBgone View Post
This has become my "going somewhere & need great hair" product!

I love it with the Satin Roots LI. With the higher dewpoints, I have started using a medium to firm hold gel and it is still working great. I also always use a serum-type product before I diffuse. In the cooler temps, or days with little to no humidity, I use CIAB. In higher dewpoint weather, I prefer Curls Gel-les'c. I don't need a lot, about a dime for my hair. I scrunch it in after taking out my Curlease towel and right before diffusing.

My hair has well defined curls and feels really soft. I love this line.
thanks, FrizzBgone. I'll give that a try. CIAB only over leave-in + coil jam wasn't enough hold for me. Curls Gel-les'C helps with frizz but tends to flatten my waves, but it sounds like I'm using way too much product; I'll try it with a dime-size amount.

Do you apply your gel before or after plopping? Also, what gels are you current faves with this combo?
Sorry. I just saw this post now. I use my gel before plopping. I used to add gel after plopping and it worked as well but I found it was a little crunchier than I liked that way.

My fav gels are: Going Ohm Aloe Gel, Knotty Boy, KMS Cranberry Gel. MGA sculpting gel and Curls Goddess Glaze are also good. Going Ohm & Knotty Boy are my 'go-to' gels right now though. Spiral Solutions Firm Hold Gel is also good.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote