View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Apples4amber

Question I'm keeping my hair braided for a year, how can I help it grow healthy and long?

Its been about two years since I've gotten a perm and My hair is complently natural. I have about 9 inches of hair and it's very thick. (I think my hair type is 3c in the front & 4a in the back) I'm only 16 and still pretty depentant on my parents. My mom doesn't like my natural and hardly lets me wear it out (Usually I'll sneak and take out my braids then the next day I get cussed out & yelled at by my mom then a week later I have briads again ) My dad usually likes to stay out of my mom's way so he won't say anything to her even though he doesn't have a issuse with my hair. My mom has natural hair too, (I think....I've never really seen my mom's hair, But last time I did It was permed and VERY thin)but all she wears is weave and wigs. And she doesn't know how to take care of natural hair and can't handle it either which is why she put a rexlaer in my hair. Early this year when she was yelling at me saying "I know what I'm talkin' about. I know how to take care of natural hair it's hard work." Then about a month ago she said "I really don't know to work with natural hair, back in the day we just used hot combs." So she pretty much just lied to me and is clue-less. She puts me down when I do have my hair and when I try to do my hair hair. Then drags me in to the bathroom and combs out what ever I did with a skinny ass comb! She's constantly trying to stop me when I i'm trying a new product or if i'm trying a natural recipe. I'm just tried and I can take it anymore. So I Diside that untill August 2013 I will wear my hair in braids. So I want to grow my hair as healty and long as possible. Hopefully, my Last year of high school i'll be able to teach my self how to mange my hair. I'm chosing my last year of high school becuase I'll know I'll have a job and a car by then. So I will be more independent and I also have my hair stylist who has been doing my hair since I was like 8. (She's REALLY been helping me in every way with my hair. She thinks I'll be better off natural anyway and she helped me with my Transition. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have any hair. My mom was relaxing my hair to often and using curling iron which broke off my hair).So what can I do to keep my hair healty so it will grow? (I will do ANYTHING)
Apples4amber is offline   Reply With Quote