well i'm 17 and in high school obviously. I used to not be able to leave the house without straightening my hair but then i just didn't have time one day so i left it curly and ever since i've liked to leave it curly (i still do straighten sometimes though). I feel like people my age don't really like curly hair? well I guess some girls do because I get compliments from girls but maybe guys don't? I don't see why not. Seems like they go for the more boring type of hair. Well anyways I'm kind of off topic but do you guys feel like people or teens specifically don't really appreciate curly hair? And does that affect your choices on how to leave your hair at all?
Originally Posted by luluus
I had really curly hair as a child and my mom grew it long until I was in sixth grade because it was more manageable that way- and of course it looked almost straight/wavy because she always braided it. So at the start of jr. highschool my older cousin got my hair cut because she convinced me that long curly hair was just ick. So she took me to the salon and ever since seventh grade I had been straightening my hair to look just like every other look alike alien in school (all the "popular" girls had stick straight hair, and it seemed like all the guys digged too). Then in ninth grade we had swimming in p.e. and I was like aaaaaahh!!! what will I do? So that day I stepped into the pool with my straight hair avoiding the water like a cat, and after I washed it I put in some mousse and everybody was like did you get a perm just for swimming?? Ummm no, this is my natural hair, but I usually straighten it. :O
Your crazy I would die to have hair like that. After that day a revolution had begun, I was destined to join naturallly curly and now after two years I am back on this site. a site that taught me to love my hair and well, me
Sometimes I get carried away and manipulate him too much. He tells me he's fine on his own but I never listen. I wash him less now and all in all we're happy.
Beast's Favorite Things:
Shea Moisture
Kinky Curly
Curl Junkie
Natural Stuff
BC #2: 10/2/13
2c/3a/3b w/ loose botticellis, whirls and curls,
Coarse, High Porosity;CG since 2007