The colleague I gave the texturizer to is not having any problems with her hair. She's taking care of it by keeping it moisturized and keeping her scalp clean. She cowashes one week and the next week she shampoos. She also sleeps with a satin cap or on a satin pillowcase. Once in a while she says she wears protective styles such as twists/braids, or buns. She has not straightened her hair in any way; in fact, she hasn't used any kind of heat on her hair, even for deep conditioning.

Her hair looks healthy and feels soft. It is growing as well-almost half an inch since June.

She's out of the country for business, so I won't see her for about two weeks. Before she left, we talked about hard water and how she should take care of her hair while overseas.

Overall, she seems to be doing well with her hair. She also revealed something to me: for the first time, she's not taking a wig on a business trip. She feels that confident about her "natural" hair.

I'm looking forward to talking with her when she returns...
Originally Posted by Greatcurls
I'd be very worried if she was having problems 6 weeks in! But do keep us posted.
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!