I have done the texlaxing.....loved it for about a year and a half... Until my ends were so straight I had to cut my hair off and start again. Patience can't be gained any other way than waiting....it truly is a virtue. Texlaxing can be misleading......however, I soon learned that it too is a relaxer. There is no way around being patient. All the time she gained was lost for a weak moment. I would hope that in a weak moment I'd have friends that would get me through it..... Of course, you think this was the best way to help your friend but we are all learning. One day you may fully understand the implications of it all. I'm just so glad that I'm old enough to know that patience is learned over time......NO shortcuts.... Not for anyone..
Originally Posted by CSI
After looking at YT videos, reading posts on NC and other forums, I have learned that relaxing, texlaxing, and texturizing can be synonymous:

Relaxing can mean that you straighten your hair or whatever desired hair type, depending on how long the product (lye or no-lye) is allowed to stay on your hair after you've combed it through your hair.

Texlaxing has a base of a natural oil or conditioner mixed with a lye or no-lye chemical product. The result can be straightened hair to a hair type similar to your natural hair, but less tangled with larger curls (or coils), depending if the product is combed through hair and how long it is allowed to stay on the hair.

Texturizing is a lye or no-lye chemical that can straighten your hair, have waves, or to have a hair type similar to your natural hair, but less tangled with larger curls (or coils), depending if the product is combed through hair and how long it is allowed to stay on the hair.

The way I view texturizing is what Lonnice Bonner says in her book, Good Hair: "Chemically texturized hair results when a mild relaxer product is combed through the hair and left on a few minutes so it can loosen but not straighten tightly curled coils.....The goal of texturizing is to achieve a slightly loosened kink or curl that isn't far removed from your virgin hair texture."--Page 98.

So, the closest current definition of texturizing would be texlaxing, except I used a mild relaxer and did not mix it with oils or a conditioner and I didn't use a comb. My colleague's hair resulted in the look described by Lonnice Bonner. The process took longer than expected, but the results were the same and satisfactory.

I mention this because as I thought that those reading my post had the same understanding of "texturizing" as I do. Special thanks to LovemeNappy who understood "the essence" of my post.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
This list is not exhaustive...
Winter Regimen
Pre-poo: Hempseed oil
Cowash: HE The Sleeker The Butter, Trader Joe's Moisture Conditioner
Shampoo/Clarifier:various
PT:Not for a while...
DT:
Smooth Sexy Hair Sulfate-Free Smoothing Conditioner
LI/Detangler: It's a 10!, CURLS Cashmere Curls leave-in
Stylers: various
Sealers: Tamanu oil, The Body Shop Wild Argan Solid Oil