So I didn't discuss *why* I was staying at a B&B in Alford, Florida. This is why:

It was the closest accomodations to a place called Emerald Acres, a small horse breeder who breeds horses who are exactly the type I like.

For two years I have been following the growth and progress of one of the babies on the farm because she tended to have everything I would want in my future young dressage prospect to bring up behind Tucson. And this weekend I went out and bought her! Because I love the personality and less bulky build of Thoroughbreds but the innate ability in the type of horses called warmbloods, the trick was finding a breeder who uses a lot of thoroughbred blood in breeding dressage horses. She fits what I want more than any other horse I know of, and I think I'm lucky to have her!

Her name's Emerald Ice, and nickname is Ellie. She'll be on a truck across the country in October because there's no need to make her roast on a truck just because I'm impatient to have her here. After a microburst tore apart the barn yesterday, it also means we have time to fix things up before she gets here, too...

I'm super excited.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!