View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
Wumi

Question Flatironed with Cocoa Butter

I didn't smell any burning, and I did it on somewhere between 275 and 302 degrees. My hair came out shinier than usual and has lasted a week without any issues. I have even worked out several times and sweated- my roots only reverted a little bit. It feels like the cocoa butter blocked moisture out better than any silicone products I have used before. I have also been using a few drops of Vatika coconut oil and shea butter every night to tie my hair up, but I have always done that. I'm pretty sure its the cocoa butter.

Before I flatironed, I had already blowdried with cool air using KMS Hot Flex creme and some other blowdrying type of mousse (brand is Organix).

The thing that confuses me is I can't find much information on if and whether it would be a bad thing to use it. Has anyone used cocoa butter and know what kind of heat it can withold with hair?

Last edited by Wumi; 08-18-2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: correction of what brand i had used/ typos
Wumi is offline   Reply With Quote