Adthomas, I'll take your word for it! I'm not sure I want to attempt making my own anyway even though people say it's easy to do. I think I'll just try to do a more careful job of applying it. Thanks!

Jo, it's only been recently that I've been using frozen henna. I'll make a big batch and save 1/2 of it because I've heard the stain is better that way. I figured it would be redder not darker. I guess that's why my hair is getting so dark from henna lately. Thanks for the info!
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
I recently started using frozen henna and I noticed that my hair is darker. I like it darker! My greys turn burgandyish vs orange- I like it! I've only been using at the temple areas and front (where the grays are) and those areas appear darker.
Originally Posted by Umph
I'm going to try freezing because my grays came out orange this last time.
Originally Posted by adthomas
Mine still always turn orange, like shiny orange so you can still tell they're gray hairs. Once I get multiple applications on them, though, they tend to at least go darker so they're not as visibly shiny orange but they're still... shiny orange. I've heard Red Raj goes more burgundy. I have some that I'm anxious to try but I still have Yemeni/Jamila in the freezer I have to work through.