View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
lcl0706

Do you have any long layers to help take some of the weight off? I'd call your type a 2b/2c mixture just by visual type, yes you have some spirals but they look like they don't form until halfway down your shoulders and if you were to cut it to your shoulders it wouldn't curl. Have you ever had shorter hair and does it curl more at shorter lengths or no? A lot of wavies don't get waves/curls until it's longer.

Regardless, it's beautiful and curl type is fun to know but really unimportant when it comes to hair care, and it can also be transient as you improve your hair health.

I like FIA's typing system better because the visual pattern is separated from the texture and density of the hair. In Andre Walker's it's all interconnected. I am not any one of Walker's types, my hair has various sizes of curls and it is fine, it behaves like the 3a description and nothing like most of the wavies describe their hair in the 2 section. But not all of my curls are the sidewalk spirals he describes, some are looser and some are tighter and I can't say there's one dominant pattern. So I don't pay much attention to my hair type when deciding what to use - your hair properties will determine how it reacts to products.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel

lcl0706 is offline   Reply With Quote