I rarely answer hair type questions because it's transient for many of us. I started out as a winter wavy/summer 3a. Then, I started to lurk on nc.com. I learned to use products/treatments/techniques--and now my hair looks like my signature picture all of the time.

My hair doesn't care for the chemicals in the hard hold (or any gel with polyquats, etc.) I don't use or need them, as my curl pattern has strengthened since I've learned to take care of my hair. Not sure about "grabby" products. It's never been a concept I've understood. So, I suspect that I don't need or look for them.

The first time I used KCCC, I had the best day ever--up until that point. I used it for a while and then moved on to other things. A few months ago, I tried it with CK Curlycue ReNew. It's now one of my two REAL HG combos (the other is CK Satin Roots/Coil Jam) that I save for days I want my hair to look fabulous. Right now, that's the only time I use it (and only once a week or less.)
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams