Sorry made post a bit too long, I have made it shorter and hopefully is a bit more clearer then rambling.

I am starting to think I'm protien sensitive... but I don't know if my hair is liking protien or not with just rinse out so I am a bit stuck.

I am using this conditioner which I am certain that has protien in it...

Live Clean Moisturizing Conditioner

ingriedients: Aqua (Water/Eau), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract*, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol/Polysorbate 60, Quaternium-18, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Panthenol, Parfum (Fragrance), Citric Acid

* - Certified Organic / Certifiť biologique

I also have Tresseme Naturals Nourishing Moisturizing Conditioner as well... and I'm starting to think my hair likes Tresseme better but I want to know if I do need protien or not? Or if it is just Live Clean, and there might be a suitable product my hair might like better then Live Clean?

Cannot use Live Clean conditioner as leave in... too much protien (i think... makes my hair crunchy/wierd?). When only using as rinse out it made hair soft.. but somewhat light.. a little heavy. My hair seems to have this kind of coating.. that i didn't experience with Tressemme. makes hair feel smooth?

With Tresseme, I can use as rinse out/leave in but think it made curls/waves a bit weaker but I noticed one curl/wave being bouncy which is good but wasn't for every curl/wave though. Made hair soft and light? Is this good?

Hair is striaght on top, but wavy.. a little more curly on the ends of hair. I think I'm 2c/3a not sure yet.

I do scrunch, when I do, hair is "s" shape waves... sort of long a"s" though... which I think might be not enough hold or something? - This is with Live Clean - I think with Tresseme, my hair had a little bounce to it.. like one of my curls/waves bounced back up when I gently tugged on it - but it wasn't like this with other curls/waves .

And... if I can't use Live Clean as leave in... does it mean that there might be something my hair doesn't seem to like?

I have only straightened my hair only once in the last 2 months (my hair was awesome when I straightened it but time consuming which is why I went curly girl in first place) and been following the curly girl method for about 2 weeks now I believe.

Makes me wonder if I need to find a different conditioner with protien.

If i do need a different conditioner, I'll let you know i can only get Drugstore products that are somewhat cheap, but not too expensive either, and I'm Canadian so stores like Walmart/Superstore/Shopper's are fine, and I cannot order online.

Any other suggestions/questions are welcome. I am still new to this method, and who knows, I might be unaware of something... that my hair needs or does not need.

Other Information:

My scalp feels clean, though I noticed with Tresseme, my scalp was much softer, but with Live Clean, it's soft but there's something there... like a coating on top of my scalp... I don't know if that's something I should be worried about? As I mentioned before, it also feels smooth like...

Today when showering, I comb my hair in conditioner and then part my hair. I rinse out the conditioner and then use cold water on my hair, out of shower, apply mousse to hair, then scrunch. I apply gel on my hands and scrunch more. Then I'm done.

My previous method - I put condition on, raked it through my hair, rinse it out, apply cold water to hair, out of shower, comb my hair to part, add mousse and scrunch.

Uhmm... I sometimes blowdry but I don't think my hair is liking it.. so I'll try to air dry more often.

Last edited by WavyShy94; 08-28-2012 at 03:51 AM.