No protein in your Live Clean Conditioner. Other words that indicate protein are hydrolyzed _____, amino acids and the protein name itself (ie keratin.)

The best thing to do for choosing ingredients/products is discover your hair properties. Here's a link to help. Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics Once you determine your hair properties, you can look for others with hair like yours to see what products they use (in signature.) It's the best place to start.

Unfortunately, finding products and techniques is a lot of trial and error. I don't know the ingredients of your Tresseme conditioner, but it's not unusual for your hair to prefer one product over another.

Fine and/or porous hair usually likes protein. Even protein sensitive folks find that they can use certain proteins and need more protein in the high dewpoints.

Can't help you with the drugstore products. My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams