Wet Hair Before Bed? How to style?
View Single Post
View Public Profile
Send a private message to luluus
Find More Posts by luluus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Friday, August 31, 2012 at 11:59AM
Hey! I also shower at night a bit before I go to sleep, and I do most of my hair stuff at night so I don't have to worry about it in the morning. Here's what I do:
- Shampoo hair then leave conditioner in for 5-10 minutes as I finish my shower
- After I'm done, apply mousse in my hair while it's still soaking wet and scrunch it in upside down
- Dry my hair with a t-shirt, or just squeeze out water without drying it (I just stopped using a regular towel to dry my hair and noticed it was less frizzy)
- After I've scrunched, I gather all my hair into a pineapple, tie the hair band so it's pretty firm hold but not extremely tight, then quickly scrunch over the pineapple
- I don't apply any other products, usually only either mousse or oil replacement
- Wait about 30 min to an hour and go to bed while my hair is still wet in a pineapple.
- I wake up the next morning, get dressed with the pineapple still in, then gently take out the hair band after I've gotten ready and my hair is very nice and curly and not a frizzy mess like it used to be when I just slept on my hair alone. I might add in a bit of leave-in conditioner or anti-frizz, but I tend to avoid it.
I have tried putting my hair in a braid before bed before and I found my hair is still curly in the morning but it tends to look more "wavy" and limp. If you're going for a wavier look, it might work but my hair still looked pretty frizzy with it.
I hope this helped you figure out what you want to do a little! I'm 17 and going to be a senior this year so I understand that "need" for your hair to look good every day