Welcome, emthefantastical!

Y'all notice I changed the title? Everyone should feel free to do workouts other than Jillian Michaels' stuff. It was a great place to start for me and I'm glad others have joined in and have branched out a bit. I think keeping variety in our workouts is key to not only challenging your muscles, but keeping yourself motivated.

I am psyched because so far I have lost 6.4 pounds. It's a slow and steady journey but I know once I get down to my goal weight it will be a cinch to maintain. I'm eating 1700 calories per day and working out 4 to 6 days per week and feel great. I've been able to buy smaller band sizes on my bras, wearing smaller jeans sizes, and wearing shorts I wore last summer even though I weighed fewer pounds then so I know I've lost inches as well.

My routine is concentrated on weights now, which I do M-W-F, and I do a cardio workout on Saturday, usually JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism or a step aerobics routine. Tuesday and Thursday I do a short 20 to 30 minute session on my Pilates reformer.

Even though I haven't posted on this thread in a while, I do check in regularly and I read all your updates. I haven't forgotten about you guys! I'm cheering you on from the sidelines. Go team!!!
Formerly misspam.

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. - W. C. Fields