Okay, so when I was born, I was born with curly/wavy hair. But, it's kind of a religious tradition in my family to shave their kid bald when they're a year old (and it's supposed to promote strong hair or something like that). So, as my hair grew out, it was straight, beautiful, and really strong. Then, in around 6th grade, after I had my first period I noticed that my hair was starting to go from straight to wavy, and then from wavy, to curly (hormonal change?). I wasn't comfortable with this transition at all. I had an obsession with Taylor Swift in 9th grade, and I was annoyed that my curls couldn't look as amazing as hers so I was constantly using a curling iron (WITHOUT ANY HEAT PROTECTANT!!! I wish I knew then what I know now. ;- and needless to say, my hair went to hell in a matter of weeks.

It's been 2 years and I've avoided the iron, and I stick to air drying instead of a blow dryer. But my hair is still so fragile. I can't do anything with it. If I ever run my fingers through it, or when I'm in the show, there's always quite a bit of a breakage. And I've noticed that the hair at the nape of my neck is just really, really lightly wavy. It makes my hair look awkward because I have curls everywhere, and then at the nape, I've got these barely wavy strands. I've tried egg masks, and yogurt masks but that only makes my hair happy for a week or so, and then it's back to the same old, same old. I've cut my hair so that it's an inch past my shoulder (I'm trying to grow it out). It's already so thin, and there's so much breakage, and it just looks all awkward and frizzy. I'm not sure what to do.

Any advice, please? Super desperate to get my hair back to being strong. I've embraced my curls, and I want them to look stunning.

Last edited by Soup; 09-02-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Extra Info: By the way, I used to be a 2C and now I'm a 2B.