I went to a wedding this weekend and thought it would be nice to straighten my hair for a change. I've been CG for a year and haven't used a flat iron in about as long.

I surprised myself because I hated it!! First of all, I hate feeling like a high maintenance person... constantly checking the mirror and stressing about my hair. It was humid this weekend and I was running for cars and buildings to take cover in the air conditioning. When my hair is curly, a little frizz doesn't throw off my look, and I barely think twice about inclement weather.

I used to prefer the way that I looked with straight hair. Now, I think I look silly with it. I think my face and look is more suited to curls, and I didn't feel like myself without them! I'm so glad that I have started to see my natural beauty and appreciate it.

I have another wedding to attend in November, and I plan to find a beautiful hairstyle that embraces my natural curls!

Thank you to everyone here was helped me achieve my curly hair goals and helped me change the way I see myself!!!
My hair: 3b, corkicelli, medium porosity, medium texture, medium/thick density

Co-wash: DevaCurl NoPoo
Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, or my rinse-out!
Gel: SS FHG (my new HG!!)... I also like HESMU, AIF, CJ CQ, BRHG, CJ PP and the occasional LALSG

Dislikes: Glycerin

CG and loving it!