It's been a while since I've checked in around here, but when I had a makeup question, I knew this was where I needed to go!!

So I'm getting hitched in May. I have always pretty much been a drugstore makeup kind of gal. But with the wedding coming up, I wanted to venture out, and try some "fancy" stuff. So I went to the MAC counter, where they were doing makeup trials with a $50 purchase.

I walked out of there feeling like I looked 15 years older than I did when I walked in. All of the ladies were oohing and aahing over what "great skin" I have. And that for my 37 years, I looked pretty damned young.
Now...I am starting to get some fine lines around my eyes, and I noticed this year some puff under them too. I need some makeup (or any other products that might help) that will look polished, but not make me look so much older. Which is what this did. I looked horrid.
here is what she used...(all MAC products)
concealer
primer
tinted moisturizer (she said I didn't need foundation)
bronzer
powder
and then all of the colored stuff..shadow, eyeliner, blush, lipstick, gloss, mascara.

I felt like it all accentuated those bags and wrinkles like crazy. It was like something she put on was reflecting light, and making my face look white/shimmery/wrinkly/cakey under the eye area.

I walked away with the primer and shadow (which I freaking looove) gloss, and some eyebrow stuff.

I'm not sure, but it seems like the primer might have some shimmer to it, that may be contributing to the problem.

Anyways, I know this is ramble city, but I really need some help here with products. I"m willing to shell out some cash to look good on my wedding day. I want to look as young as possible, but still look like I'm made up. Anyone have some good recs?
I don't have much to cover up, I just need to even out my skin tone a little, and I tend to get a little shiny.
Thanks!! I'm just a clueless dummy when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited by SpaghettiHead; 09-04-2012 at 10:59 AM.