I come from a family that grays early. I started getting some grays in my mid-30s, which was actually late compared to other family members.

For now I'm running from gray, but I also see a fork in the distance when I might embrace it. Right now, I'm 45 and usually mistaken for being in my thirties, so I feel like it's too early to let the grays take over. I get them colored over with a shade that's just a bit lighter than my natural light brown. (Actually, color swatches would label my hair dark blond, but to me it looks light brown.)

I'm guessing I'm 30% gray now, as far as I can tell from when the roots come in. Seeing so many women on this thread with pretty gray hair gives me good role models for future gray hair. I'm just not ready for that yet.

On a somewhat related topic...does anyone else get an occasional WHITE eyebrow hair cropping up? That started when I was around 42. In each of my brown eyebrows, I have about 3 or 4 snow white hairs, it's so weird! I'm afraid to put dye near my eyes, but thank God I discovered eyebrow gel. (I get the Anastasia brand--I'm not affiliated with the company, I just like their eyebrow gel for this purpose.)

I do think I'll go gray in my sixties and beyond. I have blue eyes, and sometimes I think gray or silver hair can make blue eyes "pop" more.

P.S. Speaking of aging, I need reading glasses now (in addition to my regular glasses) and I left a question about rimless frames (aging or not?) on the general board if anyone wants to chime in. Wasn't sure where to post it.

Last edited by Joslyn; 09-04-2012 at 03:43 PM.