View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
rouquinne

Send a message via ICQ to rouquinne Send a message via MSN to rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joslyn View Post
My personal impression, just from browsing makeup boards and going to dept stores, was that MAC and Clinique were more for younger women, while Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder and Lancome were for a wider span of age ranges. Just my impression.
oh geez... i'm 52 and i wear MAC almost exclusively.

i also wear shimmer and sparkle.

spaghetti, it sounds like you got Strobe - honestly, take it back, i think it's one of the worse primers around and it has a pinkish tone that i can't abide. don't buy an expensive primer - someone at Sephora will try to get you to buy the stuff from Smashbox, i'm sure.

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel is a silicone product that is made of the same stuff as all commercial makeup primers and i think it costs about $3 a tube.

for photos on your wedding day, you don't want your skin to be TOO matte or too shiny. one will absorb too much light and the other will reflect too much making you look sweaty.

i'd skip bronzer - especially for a spring wedding - unless it's a beach destination wedding or you live in one of those places that's warm year-round; it will look fake. a light blush is better.

as for tinted moisturizer - Laura Mercier makes the flat-out best one around, but it IS $$$$$!

play up your eyes - lots of mascara - and find a long-wear lip product (like Tarte's lip stains or Benefit's tint products) because you'll be kissing lots of people and don't want to have to reapply a million times for photos.

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
rouquinne is offline   Reply With Quote