I agree with Kimmi and Steph- CG isn't so much about following a set of hard and fast rules as much as it's about learning how to make your hair look and feel its best. I'm also a very huge fan of the CHS Treatment Shampoo. While I can co-wash without issues, I keep this shampoo in my rotation because I like what it does for my hair.

Also, I know you mentioned trying CJ Daily Fix. Have you Tried DevaCurl No-Poo? I found it to be a bit less moisturizing than Daily Fix, which could be helpful. I also suffered with very oily roots for a long time and I unknowingly went CG over two years ago when a stylist recommended the DevaCurl line to me. I went from daily sulfate washes to daily No-Poo and didn't notice any transitioning issues.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel