View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
jsuzkelley

Some of my favorite natural/organic lines are Curly Kinks, Darcy's Botanicals and Shea Moisture. CK and DB you have to order online, but the SM is available at Target, Walgreens, and several other drugstores. SM is probably slightly less expensive, but they are all in about the same price range. Here are my favorite products from these lines:

DB pumpkin seed condish (super moisturizing - I like it as a RO or DT)
DB cream gel
DB curl styling cream (more like a butter - I use this as a sealer/finishing product)
DB also makes a cleansing conditioner, but I haven't tried this yet

CK clean cream (cleansing condish)
CK satin roots LI/detangler
CK coil jam (natural gel)
CK curlycue renew (deep condish)

SM curl control low poo
SM curl and style milk (LI)
SM also makes a curl enhancing smoothie (curl cream) and souffle (gel type product) but I haven't tried these.

My favorite no-poo is Curl Junkie Daily Fix, and I also love their conditioners, but it's a little pricier. I also like to use SN for a co-wash (not really natural, I know, but so cost effective and works well for me).

Many people also like the Kinky Curly Line (also available at Target). I like the KCCC, but the KCKT was not moisturizing enough for me and I found the sulfate free shampoo really stripping.

HTH

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
jsuzkelley is offline   Reply With Quote