...and one more thing: It is never in the best interest of the owner of a product line to think, "My customers don't have to LIKE me..."

People will buy from you (as soleilmoncur already mentioned) just because they like you. Rashida (b.a.s.k), for instance - I will always buy from her. She can basically do no wrong, unless she totally goes out of her character, or she starts makin' garbage - I highly doubt that either will happen.

She made a strong impression. She's a nice lady. She's professional, courteous, and concentrates on handling her business. In the short time that she has been in business, she's managed to raise the bar (in EVERY area) and these new kids on the block better recognize. I'm pretty much going to try whatever she formulates, because I like her and I trust her. She has a customer for life.

There's all types of ways to generate business. Being "liked" is one of the easiest. So, a smart business person doesn't blow one of the easiest ways to get people to part with their loot. For the record, I'm not one of the people who are overly concerned with "supporting black owned businesses". I buy from the folks who want my business.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 09-08-2012 at 07:33 PM.