View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #38
Ninjarette

I think this needs to be said:

First off, folks were asked would they buy Kim's products. Period. Some said they would (yay!) and some said they wouldn't (yay!). That's the way it goes.

My reasons for not buying don't have to be anyone else's. Nobody is trying to get anyone not to buy from Kim. However, I think things get stuck when others feel another person's reasons have to be weighed on their personal scale. They do not. For some, Kim's behavior is "hearsay". For others, like me, it's direct experience. Either way, do you. It's your money, your convictions, your hair.

Finally, nobody said it's "stupid" to buy from black businesses. I said that it's not my primary consideration when I decide to purchase. If I'm black, and the person I'm considering buying from is black, seems like the consideration for the other should be mutual, if the "black card" is going to be on the table. Of course there are black companies that give good customer service, and make great products - I gave an example of one in this thread.

As a black person, I would never rest in the faulty assumption that my "blackness" automatically gives me a pass (or should give me a pass) with another person...because that other person is also black.

Today, you need to dig deep and do your best, and expect that level of commitment to make the difference in whether or not you succeed.

Best of luck to Kim...I'm out.

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 09-09-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Ninjarette is offline   Reply With Quote