View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #242
Keihs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leentora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keihs View Post
I have a stupid question. How long does it take to transition? And how do you know that all of your rebonded hair has been cut off? It's just that a year ago my not curly hair was rebonded (I know, shameful) because my mom got sick of my hair being not completely straight but not curly (just a VERY slight bend) either. Just a poofy mess. So I was wondering how'd I know if it's my natural hair and that all the rebonded strands are cut off.
Did you transition? How long for? The relaxed ends vs your natural texture will more or less be straight and limp vs your NG. Did you use heat during your transition? if you did use a lot of heat that could be another reason for the lac of coil/curl definition.

You may have loose curl texture unlike a tightly curl texture, that maybe why you are not seeing a certain curl pattern. Nonetheless there should be a line of demarcation where the relaxed ends and the NG meets and that is where you cut.
By transitioning, you mean not doing a big chop right? I just let my hair grow and did occasional trims to cut parts of it off, but I'm not sure if they're all gone. It's kind of hard for me to tell cuz I rebonded my hair when it wasn't even curly, just a slight bend that was neither straight or curly. It wasn't until a couple months after I rebonded my hair, that I thought that, maybe my hair was curly, but I just haven't tried to bring it out. So I have been trying the CG method lately, and I do have some waves and sometimes even curls! Though, it does take a bit of work (and luck!). I've always had this thing where my hair would be curly when wet then straightens as it dries, like it was never there. So, I was worried that maybe my rebonded hair was pulling my waves down. I just want to get rid of it and cut it off, but I'm also trying to grow my hair, so I don't want to exactly cut off my actual hair thats not rebonded. I did notice that my ends have this weird flippy bend thingy, so maybe that's it. However, sometimes I notice that my ends curl more than the rest of my hair. So now I'm not sure. Any ideas? Thanks.
Keihs is offline   Reply With Quote