View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
susirene

Default LP = forever to dry?

Is it the case that low porosity hair takes forever to dry? This has been true for me my whole life, but I always thought it was just because I have so much hair, but I see girls on hair with hair just as thick that dries in like an hour!

I diffused my hair for about 5-7 minutes this morning after t-shirt blotting around 6:30 am, and at 10:30 am my hair had just barely dried enoug to SOTC, and even then it was pushing it. My hair actually hates the diffuser when t comes to frizziness, so I prefer to air dry, but sometimes I am not dry until lunch time and it makes me a little crazy to not touch my hair for that long!

Anyone have any non-heat drying tips or tricks? I can't wash the night before because that both leaves me with still damp hair and hair that bends in funny directions (even wet pineappled or plopped), so I just have to rewet and then I'm back where I started!

Hair hates: non-keratin protein, glycerin, sorbitol, agave, sulfates, polyquats, co-washing (flaky scalp), maybe aloe?
Hair loves: fewer/more natural ingredients, moisture

Scalp wash: Selsun Blue naturals or reg when desperate
Low poo: Giovanni TTTT
RO: SN - Strawberry, ES
LI: SNES
Style: HETT mousse, FSG if I make it, ??
DT: GVPCB
PT: GVPKP
susirene is offline   Reply With Quote