The only place that I've read about protein sensitivity and low porosity is on the nc.com page on properties. That's why I never use that link when I suggest that people determine theirs.

I meant texture--and not porosity. I'll have to edit that. Fine hair generally likes/needs protein, as does porous hair. PT is protein treatment. I generally use moisturizing commercial ones--CJ Repair Me, SS Protein Repair and the SSI Okra Repair. My hair LOVES protein. Never met one it didn't like. I do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein. There is a homemade PT on the 2 forum--I forget the exact title, but it has "As Promised" in it.

Corkicelli is a descriptor from the new CG book that came out almost two years ago. I think it describes my hair perfectly, too. If your hair is medium, it should still like some protein (maybe not as much as mine) or specific proteins. That's trial and error, as a lot of things are.

I cowashed for about six months. It didn't do much for me. I started using natural soap bars to cleanse a little over 4 years ago when they were the rage on nc.com. I use minute amounts of really rich products. The soap bars are just enough to remove any residual ingredients (oils, butters, etc.) that remain in my hair.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams