Alright, so I've used the Colorful Neutral Protein Filler twice in the past week.

First time, I diluted it as per the bottle instructions for a conditioning treatment and saturated by hair with the mix using a spray bottle, then waited 20 mins and applied heat with a blow dryer. Then I deep conditioned with AOHSR. My curl were definitely springier and more defined and required less product to style.

Second time, I co-washed my hair first and squeezed most of the water out, leaving my hair damp. Then I sprayed CNPF onto my hair without diluting, put my hair up and under a plastic cap and waited an hour. Then I rinsed it out. Didn't deep condition, but used AOHSR as a RO. Hair feels awesome.

I'll admit I didn't deep condition because I've never felt my hair dry after a protein treatment. (Henna did leave my hair feeling dry even after deep conditioning, with results like an intense protein treatment + the red color.)

I like what protein is doing for my hair, so I think I'm going to up the amount of protein and my routine and see if my hair likes that better in the long run. Using less gel is definitely a plus!
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength