I recently realized that I was COMPLETELY overproteining my hair (I think there's a thread on the "protein sensitive" board that I started with details), and after careful analysis of all the products I've used, realized that my hair pretty much hates any protein but keratin, and ESPECIALLY hates all grain-based protein. (I've had an actual keratin treatment that my hair thought was pretty much the Best. Thing. Ever. If it weren't for the formaldehyde and the cost, I would so keep doing it).

I've been cranking up the moisture big time on my hair and have been totaly protein-free for the past 2 weeks, but now I'm wondering if I might need another PT (I used GVP K-pak), as the super-softness I was originally getting with protein-free/super moisture is dissipating and a little more tangly/dry. I'm due for color next weekend anyway so I'll do a PT sometime early this week and see.

Never-ending experimentation!!
Mod CG since 5/10, 2b/3a, med width/density, low/med porosity, greying since 18, color over grey since 21

Hair hates: non-keratin protein, glycerin, sorbitol, agave, sulfates, polyquats, co-washing (flaky scalp), maybe aloe?
Hair loves: fewer/more natural ingredients, moisture

Scalp wash: Selsun Blue naturals or reg when desperate
Low poo: Giovanni TTTT
RO: SN - Strawberry, ES
LI: SNES
Style: HETT mousse, FSG if I make it, ??
DT: GVPCB
PT: GVPKP