View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
txwvy32

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAgal View Post
i haven't tried anything else as a LI yet.might be best to try no LI first if i'm overconditioned.

i bought the protein pack...now....do i wet my hair,apply it and let it sit on my hair(for how long?)
then do i cowash? i always assumed since i had coarse thick hair that i didn't need protein so i'm not sure how to use it....or should i just cowash like usual and then apply the protein pack,let it sit for a while and then rinse out. i think the ion protein pack i picked up is pretty moisturizing too if i remember from the ingredients.

thanks!
I used that pack a couple days ago and I also have coarse thick hair and stay away from protein. I used a clarifying shampoo (Suave Daily Clarifying, but I like your idea/choice of shampoo better) first and then put in the treatment, left it in several minutes and then did a 20 min. deep conditioning. I might have done it wrong though, but I went with the instructions to use it after a shampoo and the only reason I did the DT was because I was afraid of the protein drying my hair out. Sadly, the treatment did nothing for me but I do hope it works for you! Maybe my mistake was doing the dt or in the shampoo I chose, I don't know.

*Have just discovered the amazingness that is the "Spritz and Condish" routine*

Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner
RO: GVP CB, Garnier Triple Nutrition
LI : Whatever conditioner I used + EVOO or Argon oil
Stylers: Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Creme, EcoStyler Gel (krystal)

Last edited by txwvy32; 09-26-2012 at 10:36 AM.
txwvy32 is offline   Reply With Quote