if you have fine hair, then protein treatments are good on a regular basis. medium texture like some protein, not a lot. so sometimes what is in other products is enough, or a very occasional protein treatment is good. if your texture is coarse, then stay away from protein.

you buy protein treatments just like you buy deep conditioners. there are many different brands and many can be bought locally. the one i use is curl junkie repair me which i buy on aveyou.com.

you really need to learn about hair properties before you start buying products/doing treatments, it will save you time and effort and money in the long run.
Originally Posted by rbb
you can also make your own protein treatments at home, using things in your fridge. which are alot cheaper then buying ready made, and more fun.

my hair: 3c, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

I also blog about my hair journey, please feel free to read and comment/ask questions http://www.naturallycurly.com/blogs/...air-blogs/2494