Hey CurlyUT - take it easy The good news is that you see that your hair can look great - you just need to figure out how to do that.

Your experience is very common. It happened to me also. You need to begin reading here and taking it one step at a time. There's an enormous amount of information and you will probably be overwhelmed at first, but we are here to help!

One way to start is to keep a little journal. Begin by using a mild shampoo and some conditioner and gel, scrunch it in, diffuse and see if you like the result. Next time you shampoo, try using mousse instead. Keep a record so you'll know what works well for you.

One of the methods you may want to try is known as cg or curly girl. You can read up on that here and you may want to experiment with that. Some people love it, others don't.

If you get extremely frustrated, maybe you could go back to the place where you had the Deva cut and just have them style your hair while you watch, but I know that is expensive.

Take heart - you will get better and better results if you keep trying. Good luck and I will watch for your posts!
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift