I'd like to join this challenge too! I haven't heat styled other than occasionally diffusing in a while, but I'm going to stop that completely as well. I've noticed that the best way to speed up my drying time is by plopping. It really helps pull the extra water out of my hair while encouraging my curls and avoiding frizz. I plop right out of the shower and then finish getting ready; I take it out before I leave, but I know some people leave it in until they get to work. It won't dry your hair completely, but it does keep it from dripping all over you. Some people with shorter hair have found that plopping does not work for them, as it smashes the curls funny; in that case, I would suggest using a non-terry towel (flour sack, cotton t-shirt, micro fiber) to gently squeeze the extra water out. As far as styles, I like the suggestions of braids and buns. One of my favorite styles (especially for second day hair) is to braid the front section of my hair then pull it all into a curly side ponytail.
Originally Posted by jsuzkelley
Yay glad you're joining! I'm giving up diffusing too. I'm so excited we have so many people joining. I'm already in bed now or i would, but tomorrow I'm posting my befores. Can't wait to compare to the afterrr. And yes i love how that looks, my hair won't hold that style bit it is super cute.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App